View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 27, 2004, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by WeekendRef
Just to clarify I did count the basket to bring them within 1 point I belw the whistle after the ball went thru the hoop and bounced once or twice .
In name only was I the R during the game (I administered the jump ball and possesion for the 2nd half) .
In 5.10.2 it states that : "An officials count or OTHER official information can be used to make a correction"
What other official information could there be other then an officials count ?
MY partner and I did not confer on any of the timing issues and that may have been the crux of the issue . I made my call that the game was over and he came in and said there should be 1.6 seconds left .
The timer started the clock after the ball went through the hoop and then stopped it at 1.6 seconds for some reason...
Seems like your partner took the path of least resistance. 1.6 on the clock, 1.6 we got. This works at this level since probalby neither coach knew the clock didn't start.

Examples of other official information: an authorized tableside monitor (no such animal under nfhs rule), a shot clock (some states use this), the timer 'fessing up to his mistake or otherwise having definite information ("The clock wouldn't start when I pressed the button but I counted 4 seconds until it started"). SOmething like this happened to me in a game. B1 deflected a long pass OOB and it hit the table squarely on the shot clock reset button. Some shot clocks have a reset-reset button, it remembers where it was when the shot clock is reset. This one did not, but the timekeeper (not the shot clock operator) saw there was 9 seconds on the shot clock before he ducked out of the way. We went with 9 seconds.