Thread: 40 T's
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 06, 2001, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

To address a couple of posts-

Brain - Just like Dennis Rodamn, Rasheed has made a name for himself and has a reputation with the officials. Therefore, he's going to get less rope before he hangs himself than most players.

Jugg and Sup - I agree. Adult leagues are the worst. I've worked the same league for 5 years. We have about 14 teams in it. The team,s and guys who have been in the league from the beginning don't screw with me. That know I'll stick'em in the *** in a NY minute. But every year there's a new team or a new superstar who doesn't know me. Let me introduce myself!

ilya - The good people at Temple thought Rasheed was a lock when he was a HS senior in 1993. But the day after Carolina won the NCAA Champiosnhip, Dean Smith flew from New Orleans to Philadelphia, instead of Chapel Hill. The Wallace family was so impressed that Coach Smith would travel to see Rasheed the day after winning the National Championship, that he committed to Carolina the same day.

While at Carolina, Coach Smith kept Wallace under control. Even so, he accumulated 4 or 5 technicals in his two years at UNC. But there was no indication that he had any ill feelings toward the press when he was a Tar Heel. Of course, when you're a Tar Heel, there are certain things that you're expected to say and do when representing the program.

willie - The NBA doesn't work that way, unless a player grabs the coach around the throat, such as Latrell Sprewell. You're dealing with grown men, not boys. People who are making millions of dollars a year generally don't respond to be benched. I'm not saying that's right or wrong. That's just the way it is in pro sports today.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith