View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 22, 2004, 03:41pm

Gordon,
You need to read closer. I'm not going to spell it out for you. We already have one moderator that has proven his worth. Many others have attempted and failed. I've not made it that difficult, but some of you want it handed to you on a silver platter.

Garth,
That was about as shameless as the old fart in Michigan. I used to think that your writing was inciteful and courageous, but that last one tipped it in for me. You claim that I'm the coward but you are the king of the hit and run. Guys like you jump on the pile after someone else makes the tackle. No wonder you aren't sworn anymore. You can't argue with the facts, so you make it personal. I wouldn't want someone like you on the job either.

AtlBlue,
Have you ever been in a D-1 game? Have you ever strapped 'em on for any level of Minor League ball? Until then, don't tell me how to act with my partners and coaches. Reading 101 should have afforded you teh ability to understand my statement. "I don't have a problem making the call from there, but my partners and that conference don't want it." I believe that I even conceded to Papa C. that I will make every attempot to honor a request from a coach or player to grant the appeal. When we have been instructed by the Conference's Assignor/Director of Umpiring not to make that call from those positions, we don't have much of an option. Maybe you've second-guessed one of those guys before. I haven't and I have a schedule.