View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 22, 2004, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Windy
“Hello, Conference Officiating Director here. Coach, I hear you...but, you’ve only been here one year. I’ve seen this crew work dozens of times and they are the second rated crew in our conference. I know that you think they should appeal that swing, but you know how umpires are. They probably talked in the locker room and have a contingency for coaches that ask for that call. Uh, huh...the rule book states that. Yep, no argument here. Did you lose the game? Uh, huh...did that call affect the outcome of the game. Oh, you lost 14-2. Your appeal is denied, but I’ll call the crew chief and alert him to your concerns. Good luck coach. I’ll talk to you after your next loss.” CLICK

Or, more likely:

"Coach, who did that? Never heard of 'em. No, I don't know how the hell he got assigned to your game, but I'll sure the hell look into it. Sure as hell doesn't sound like one of my guys...my guys know the rules. Sounds more like one of them internet types, you know the ones...post anonymously so they lie about their resumes. Hell, if every internet umpire who claimed to work D-1 games were telling the truth we'd be up to our freakin' armpits in umpires."