View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 19, 2004, 12:15am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally posted by RazorRef
1. Can a punter punt the ball twice? I.E. - Punter's kick is blocked at the LOS and rolls back to the punter who kicks the ball again. I would think this is legal, but wanted to throw it at you guys to make sure.

2. How to penalize...
Quarterback is in his EZ when he throws the ball to the 30 where it is intercepted. The quarterback is drilled away from the play after the change of possession, but during the play and so the WH throws a flag for USC. The interceptor runs for a touchdown.

Our crew, which I was the youngest member of, took 15 yards from the end of the run, and so gave the ball to B at the 15 yard line?? Could be right, but I thought all live ball USC's are treated as dead-ball fouls and so this penalty should've been assessed at the succeeding spot?

Thanks!
1. Yes, the punter may punt the ball more than once during the same scrimmage play. Keep in mind that these are Canadian rules. A player with the ball may also drop kick the ball at anytime, for a field goal. Yes, that's right. Seeing that he will not make the EZ becuase of 3 closing defenders, he may drop the ball and kick it as it rebounds from the ground. If it goes through the uprights, count 3 points.

2. It is UR on the passer only if the contact is immediately after the pass and the offender did not touch the ball. So, judgement is required here. If the R deems it UP/Passer, penalize 15+AFD. Otherwise, penalize 15 from PBH or PBD at A's option.