View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 18, 2004, 12:46am
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: We have been down this road before.

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

Yeah, I understood that. He also said that there is no advantage gained by bouncing the ball to a thrower on the end line in backcourt and that is incorrect.
Well that was an opinion. There is nothing that says you have to disagree with that. Just because the NF does it or allows it, does not make it right.

"The IHSA told us not to bounce the ball EVER ON THE BASELINE, because officials were more likely to cheat up the court."

Quote:
So why don't they just tell you to not cheat up the court rather than to not bounce the ball? Correct the bad habits rather than eliminating a useful mechanic.
Why did Bush go to war? That is a question you would have to ask them. I just know this was the remedy to handle it. They said it was better to hand the ball to the thrower. I do not disagree.

Quote:
It must be a bummer to work in a state whose interpreter's think they know more than their bosses, the heads of NFHS.
Well considering that the Head Clinician is a former Big Ten Officials, I would say on many levels the answer to that question is YES.

I realize Z you feel the NF is God and can do no wrong, but many around here and across the country do not agree with that feeling. I have only officiated in one state than Illinois in my career (baseball in Iowa) and it is not uncommon to have states come up with their own directives and practices. You do not have to agree, but that does not mean we all have to agree with you.

Peace