View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 12, 2004, 12:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
First of all, I shouldn't be watching it. One makes the decision not two. Mick, what time is it where you're at... my watch says it is a different time here. Which one of us is correct?
I disagree with you here. I know in 3 Person both the T and the C have 3 point shots in the middle of the court. It is always possible to have one official see the play clearly and another get screened. I know unless I have some real obvious evidence on a 3 point shot I have to make a decision right then and now. If my partner sees something clearly wrong with my ruling (on this call), stop the clock and change it.

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
Guess I would let his call go and assume I was wrong (if wasn't performing my own prescribed duties and my eyes happened to be wandering).

JR, this quote came out of the NFHS Preseason Basketball Guide 04-05.
In basketball especially there are duel coverage areas and calls that might have two or more officials looking at the same play and come to different conclusions. I know when I call a foul it is possible that my partner has a different opinion; we have to go with one of the decisions. This is not any different. Just on 3 point shots you are not going to stop play on regular calls. I would rather have my partner stop play and change this, then go to the tape later and find out I was wrong. It is one thing to make a foul call, but quite another to award points wrong if you ask me.

Peace