Thread: Out of bounds ?
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 08, 2004, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by SouthGARef
That's why the pylon's are 3 yards off the end line. So that if a player is running a route deep in the endzone and kicks a pylon but never touches ground OOB by rule he is OOB. Plus, BJs don't have to trip over them this way
This is the first thing I do when walking the field -- move the yard markers back and move the endline pylons back off the endline (except the ones in the corner, of course).

--Rich
Worked a game last week with 2 officials with over 40 years experience between them. When I moved the endline pylons back they asked me what I was doing. I told them...and they looked at me like a beagle looking at a ceiling fan. Same week, I had 3 different coaches ask why I was moving the pylons. Of course, I can expect that from coaches...

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass