View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

I had a varsity match last week, where one call is still bothering me. Two hitters approach the ball, girl 1 is closer to me on the ladder, she goes up for the fake and girl 2 slams the ball. Girl 1 partially blocked my view of the hit on the ball, I saw the hit from about the net to the ground(ball not hand) and from what I saw it was a clean hit with no prolonged contact. Coach wants illegal as she thinks it was carried, fans are commenting making me think I might have missed something while I was blocked by girl 1. I look to my partner who gives me the old lets get moving look. So I call for the serve and it's over. Now 2 things the coach could have asked officially about it. But I also could have officially gone to my partner and asked if he saw any action prior to what I saw the he would consider illegal. Question is should I have gone to my partner and asked. I have always ignored fans, and coaches if they don't address me specifically. But I am wondering if I missed this one. I have always been one to focus on getting the call right not always being right. Thanks in advance.