View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 05, 2004, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

I guess you have never watched an D1 NCAA game.

Well I've seen some goofy mechanics in NCAA D-1 tournament games (including one guy hunched over like he was working behind the plate in a baseball game), but their mechanics were very demonstrative and confident. Maybe not "proper" but sharp.

That depends on the resume of both officials. The official that has worked 3 Final Fours and 2 National Championships with the less than perfect mechanics might be seen as the better official than the guy that just starting working in the NCAA Tournament.

You just changed the rules. I said that two guys were equal in all areas except for mechanics. Now you just made them unequal.

I only use the NCAA level as an example. But since you mentioned HS refs, I can tell you the same applies. There are veterans that are not downgraded because their mechanics are not perfect in my state.

Not in my state. You have to have it all at the state championships. One weakness (mechanics included) and you won't stand make it to the final day of games. There are too many other officials there who call a great game and have great mechanics too.

Z