View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 04, 2004, 02:25am
Official Forum Member

I'm a little confused; somewhere along the way during a summer of camps/tournaments etc. I thought I understood that the number of persons filling the free throw lane spots had been changed for the defensive (non-shooting team) and 2 of the shooting team.

Can someone help me out?
Is this true for any level? NCAA? Federation? Thank you.

I found this but it is old... 2000/01

Rules Changes for only Women’s Basketball for 2000–2001The third defensive player positioned on the free-throw lane line will be per-mitted to line up at either the third or fourth position to give that player theflexibility to be closer to the free thrower shooter in an attempt to block out.(As last year a total of five players, three defensive and two offensive will bepermitted to occupy positions on the free throw lane line during the adminis-tration of free throws.All Division I certified games, all exhibition games played in Division I and IIand all scrimmages in Division III shall play with an experimental rule. Play-ers occupying spaces on the lane line during a free throw attempt willbe permitted to move up to the second, third and fourth lane positions,leaving the space lower than the block open (unoccupied).