View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 01:43am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by PSU213
Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
1 = TD Rule 2-25-3. since the ball hit the inside of the pylon then it had to break the goalline to get to that point.

2= No TD - see the other post above By Mikesears. Remember the Pylon is out of bounds.

3- No TD - Rule 2-25-3, Case 2.25.3(b) - Player ended up OB, so breaking of goal line extended does not constitute TD. Ball is placed at foremost position of ball when it crossed the side line...... Need more info for specific spot as to where ball went OB, not player. Unless he was an acrobat, probably somewhere between goal line and 1yd line.... but can't be specific without that info.
First, back to the OP...hurdling is not merely "leaping" or "jumping over an opponent." See Rule 2-20 in the NF rulebook.

Also, maybe I'm having a brain fart on this, but isn't it a TD in #2? I'm not really in the mood right now to go "digging" for this, but I believe it does not matter which side of the pylon the ball hits.
According to the "comic book" "If a runner is not touching inbounds when the ball breaks the plane of the goal line extended, it is not a touchdown and the ball is spotted where it broke the sideline plane."
In play one the ball hit the inside of the pylon which means it did not cross the goalline extended, it crossed the goal line to get there. In play 2 and 3, since the pylon is sitting out of bounds the ball crossed the goal line extended and since the player was airborne the it is not a td. In play 2 mark the ball just short of the goal line. In play 3 probably about the half yard line.
Also per rule 2-28-2 the ball is considered out of bounds when it touches anything other then another player or offical.. As stated before, they pylon is out of bounds thus it is not a TD.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.