View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 23, 2004, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

i have worked high school 3 man for 6 years and will call my first season of college ball this year and i know the game is constantly changing at every level...i worked AAU camp this summer and we did use the TABLE SIDE SWITCH, and it has it's goods and bads.. Those of you that have been using it for a while at the college level, is it much more of a hassle to have to be right in the coaches ear after a bang bang play that they didn't like or is it easier to explain to him what you saw and go on??? i know high school games this summer, i didn't like it very well..way to much talking going on by the coaches, they wanted everything explained to them, but when we went opposite the table, they new if they wanted us to hear what they are saying they would have to yell it out and it could possibly cause them getting stuck if they said to much...i kind of liked the idea of getting away from them... So from a college referee stand point, is it better to be table side??