View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 22, 2004, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
My own inclination would be to not eject if it were bench personel other that a coach (head or assistant) and to eject if it were a coach (head or assistant). It is a terrible act no matter who commits it, but coaches need to be held to a higher standard of conduct because they are to be leading by example.

MTD, Sr.
I completely agree with this statement. If a player had done this then I would probably only have a T and continue on with the game. This would depend on the situation. When a coach does it then IMO it should be an automatic ejection.

Quote:
ChuckElias
Throwing a chair is extreme. Those things are nowhere near the same level as knocking the ball away from the dribbler, IMO.
Why is throwing a chair (onto the court not at players) anymore extreme then a coach stealing the ball from a player? If a coach threw a chair in the backcourt and the players are in the front court then it hasn't directly effected the play. I guess I don't understand why you think throwing a chair is anymore extreme then a coach stealing a live ball.