Thread: My timeout....
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2001, 03:38pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs down Your partner was Guessing....

Quote:
Originally posted by dhodges007
Mind you, I am not working with the best officials (prob why they are still working younger kids). Here is what happened...

A went up for the block, B put the shot in and also inadvertently poked A in the eye (I was Lead at the time). B was doubled over with his hand covering his eye , I blew the whistle to see if he was ok, (I am also a medic...hard to not medically attend to any injuries in a game) he was fine "it just stung for a second". My Partner went over and told the Coach, even though the boy was fine and could play, that he had to sub because we stopped the game. I questioned him after the game and he said anytime I stop the clock for an injury, the coach has to sub.

Thoughts?? Comments??
Denny,
I think you got your players confused.

In the Basketball Simplified and Illustrated Rules (1999-2000), the Comic Book states and shows:
3-3-4 - the official stops play for an apparently injured player. Number 4 is actually not hurt and wishes to remain in the game. Since the official has not beckoned for assistance and no bench personnel have entered the court, and since all this has occured within a few seconds, the official allows #4 to continue.

There is a related case, 3.3.4B where the player leaves because the coach came onto the court.

mick