Quote:
Originally posted by David B
Quote:
Originally posted by JEL
Quote:
Originally posted by cbfoulds
Quote:
Originally posted by JEL
Yep, you got the wrong one. Runner should have been out, batter could be called out also if action was deemed intentional.
Half right. With less than 2 out, R3 is out for the batter's interference; w/2 out, Batter is out & run doesn't score anyway. Since all INT w/ a THROWN ball has to be, on some level at least, intentional, no way do you get 2 outs on this one.

And, BTW, what was coach irate about? He kept his R3 in scoring position, at the cost of an out he was gonna take no matter what. Plus, it's not "even though" he got out of the BB, its' mainly because the batter DID get out of the BB [and in the process got in the way] that we have INT.

[Edited by cbfoulds on Sep 18th, 2004 at 09:35 PM]
Half Right? Which half was wrong?

Post stated 1 out, there was a violation of NFHS 7.3.5.b. Penalty for Art. 5 states batter is out, and states further; "If the pitch is a third strike and in the umpires judgement interefernce prevents a possible double play (additional outs), two may be ruled out."

"batter could also be ruled out if action was deemed intentional"

This batter could (even standing still) intentionally interfere, thus creating a second out.
Welcome "rookie". Continue reading your penalty.

First when stating NFHS (FED) rules you don't use (.) The rule would be 7-3-5b. With it written 7.3.5 it refers to the case book.

When reading the penalty you need to look for the part that applies to YOUR play. The penalty in bold letter states for infraction of Art. 5:

What follows would be the part of the penalty that applies to your situation.

I won't bother quoting since you have the book and can read it for your self.

Any other questions, feel free to ask, that's the only way to learn.

Thanks
David
Well thanks PRO.

I was unaware that a (.) not a (-) will alter the rules, NFHS (FED) or any other. You are obviously astute enough to have realized I was quoting rules, not case book. BTW lower case bold numers are not used in the case book either. Did you also notice I mis-spelled interference at least once?

This of course was not MY play, therefore NONE of the penalty would apply. The penalty DOES give a condition for an out on the batter also if conditions are met. For that reason in my reply I stated "batter could be called out also if action was deemed intentional"

I assume you know count, intention of batter and entire game situation from post, so you can apply it to YOUR situation.

You need not bother quoting any rules for me at least until you have familiarized yourself with them.
I'm sorry but I don't see anywhere in the penalty section of the rule anything about (let me quote you to be correct)

"batter could also be ruled out if action was deemed intentional"

I might have missed something so please give me a reference to clarify for me.

Thanks
David