View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 24, 2001, 02:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question You still do not get it do you?

Quote:
Originally posted by williebfree
JRUT - I am saddened that you have had negative experiences with coaches and parents. I have done this league for 2 yrs and have not had any negative situations.. On the contrary, many appreciative parents have thanked me for being "so good with the kids."

As for anything other than intramurals, you are right, I will not get into a "disertation" about the rules... I do not expect you to "coach" the team/player. That is why they have a coach and practice. Nonetheless, I am confident that you do well in the "Preventative officiating."

Enjoy...

I really do not know what world you are living in? All of us do not do game without putting on the stripes. You assume that we all share the same objectives or should. I do not care if it is the Instructional League, I am still not there to teach, I am there to officiate. It does not matter what the parents or coaches do. Do you really think at the end of the day I give two cents what a bunch of individiuals that did not have to take a rules test think? If you can show me any place in any of the rulebooks that I officiate under where teaching is apart of our mission statement, then I will change. And in the "Officials Code of Ethics" in the NF rulebook, I do not see "teach" anywhere. And if this is the rules that many of these leagues incorporate, then I guess I am not the only one that needs to look it up.

Again, my job is to enforce the rules and educate myself to apply them in a proper manner. I do not see "teaching" in the mission statement. But again, I look at this differently.

Peace