Thread: T for flopping
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 08, 2004, 10:14pm
Administrator

There is thread going on the NFHS Discussion Board concerning "faking being fouled" or "flopping" as some would call it. Jurassic Referee and Chuck both make excellent points, even though I would say to Chuck that NFHS R4-S19-A13 and R10-S3-A7 define "faking being fouled" as an unsporting technical foul.

But I would like to add one more thing concerning the situation being discussed and that is one should not confuse a player bailing out too soon because he/she really thinks that he/she is going to be run over by an out of control opponent with the "faking/flopping" that is discussed in this thread.

As a Moderator in the Basketball Forum I probably should not be posting the URL of another discussion board, but since it is the NFHS Board itself here it is if anybody would like to read it. (There is one lenghty and insightful post in it and if I knew how to put a little "winking face" in this spot right now I would. But I think I just broke my arm trying to pat myself on the back.)

URL: http://www.nfhs.org/scriptcontent/va...;f=11;t=000476

And Chuck if you do read the NFHS thread do feel free to make comments about my books being in the attic. Have a good evening ladies and gentlemen.

MTD, Sr.

Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio