Thread: PA's statement
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 08, 2004, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jack015
I just received the following email from another member of my Official's Association.

"I know rule 2 specifically states MD/OD for written authorization to play with a cast

We had a situation Friday that a coach presented a statement signed by a physicians assistant (pa). We, of course could not accept it. However, later he gave us a statement (with a md's letterhead) and had one of those unintelligible signatures with the legal statement "by or for" beside the signature. I know in certain legal situations this is acceptable. However I don't know about this situation. If this was someone's signature other than the physician, there is no assurance that this person is legally authorized to sign for the physician? Or, do we accept it at face value."

Am interested to see what other's thoughts are.
I agree with most everything else that has been said so far. My only question is this: why couldn't the doctor sign the letter? My father is a doctor, and I know they (doctors) are busy and etc. etc., but why couldn't he or she put his or her signature on the letter? The fact that the physician did not sign the letter adds to my doubt about the said letter.