Thread: USA-Argentina
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 27, 2004, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

Firstly I am not American, I don't care about the US being out of the running for gold. What I say, I say as an official.

FIBA seriously needs to re-evaluate their 2 man system. Here are a few points that I feel seriously need to be looked at.

1. The lead official spent most of his time camped out under the basket. There was very little movement on the endline, the official was straight lined, and that didn't allow them the best view of the play.

2. On a throwin from the far endline, the officials were at the free throw line extended before the ball was inbounded. This is not acceptable at the high school level, so why does FIBA allow it.

I also thought that there were a few fouls that could've been called, and I owe them not being called to the officials wierd posistioning. But I don't think anything can excuse that hit in the face in the last 2 minutes of the game. There should've been a call for that, no question about it.

The officials were ahead of the play or straighlined on too many occasions, so I don't think they had proper views to make many calls.

Just my observations.