Old Wed Aug 25, 2004, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch Alex
Just as in softball!
Hardly.

In softball (and other actual sports) it is so unusual for an officials to even seem to decide the result (remember the Russian defeat of the USA in basketball - when was that - '72?) that it is a big item."
Why, o why, do coaches and players (M/W) then almost every pitch question your call???

I know this cheap, but since there never are cameras present (in Holland) more and more calls are being questioned... The lower the level, the more complains one get..
I do agree, at (inter)national level players/coaches accept more and ins't it an issue.
I don't agree that jugdes/juries before a game starts already have their winner in mind! Yesterday (or the day before) a (Bulgarian) judge has been removed from Olympic-fencing tournament AND suspended for life after awarding 6 unlawfull points to an Italian player and ignoring 2 fouls of him. This is an example of how one judge has to be punished when f***ing up...
A jury isn't always right. It happens that they blow a call, but not always! Mostly the best player/team wins! We (spectators) doesn't always agree, but whats new?
Standing behind the backstop or even in the outfield one has a better view to a pitch than the umpire...

Alex