View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 20, 2001, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

BktBallRef

my mistake, i did mean new trail and thanks for the response.

you wrote:
"Second, the 10 second count does not start when the ball is tipped by B1. It doesn't start until A1 has possession. So something is amiss here. Either your count is way too fast or the timer didn't start the clock until much later than he/she should have."

I realize my count doesn't start until Team A secures possession and that gets to the larger issue...since 9.7 seconds actually did run off the clock (let's say the timer started the clock on possession instead of first touch) and i reached a 10 count (meaning, at most, my 10 count was 0.3 of a second too fast)...had the timer started the clock at the proper time, then more than 10 seconds would have elapsed, thus "covering up" my count that was too fast by 0.3 seconds. so your point about my count is well-taken and appreciated.

But for my edification let's say (as you've stated in your last sentence), the timer started the clock a full second later, maybe i was at 1 on my count by now, -- not sure b/c of clock location i was not in position to see it -- and you KNOW you've reached a count of 10...how do you handle that situation?

Dan_ref...that is certainly good advice.

thanks again, this message board is great.

Jake