View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2001, 10:44pm
Official Forum Member

Mark

thanks for the feedback.

in response to number 2...assuming that the timer DID NOT start the clock accurately -- because of the tip by Player B1 -- my count could have actually been at MORE than 10 (10.7 in response to your example of my arm being at 8.7), but your point is well taken.

you wrote:
"If you are sure that your 10 second count was accurate, then the fans are actually "right" (did I just say that?!!?!?). You had specific knowledge of the time involved (ten seconds - actually a few tenths more, but you can only go with what you know - no guessing until NBA) and should have set the clock to 8.9. (NF Rule 5-10)"

At the time this is actually an option I considered, again, because I felt very comfortable with the accuracy of my count (which is historically slow). I, however, did not choose that option because in an effort to be a good game manager, I did not think the coach would react well if I were to take time OFF THE CLOCK...meaning that if the other team scored his team would have LESS TIME in which to score.

But I'm glad you brought up that point, because it raises another great question for thought. Especially in light of the fact that the option actually crossed my mind at the time.

Thanks in advance,
Jake