View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2001, 04:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Re: If you have their manual then you already know!

Quote:
Originally posted by Warren Willson
Quote:
Originally posted by rex
Carl was kind enough to point out they were instructors at the Brinkman School before the Evans school bought out Brinkman. But that doesn’t tell me who they are.
I would suggest that many of the "official" interpretations of Barney Deary and Nick Bremigan would also hold currency despite the fact that neither gentleman is listed as a currently serving professional official.
Warren, I might just point out that the reason neither is listed as a "currently serving professional offiicial" is that both have been dead for over a dozen years. Deary was the predecessor of Mike Fitzpatrick as director of the PBUC. Nick Bremigan was the original rules interpreter for the Brinkman school and the teacher of Jaksa and Roder.

Both Rick and Chris were often presenters at the Texas State (SBUA) umpires association annual meeting, where I joined them throughout the late 80s and early 90s as teacher/clinician. Both gentlemen reached the AAA level before resigning on their own to pursue other interests.

Rick Roder was the best minor league umpire I ever saw, and that evaluation includes several who made it to the big leagues.