View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 15, 2004, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

2 questiona re: Int Grounding.

1). A12 dropps back to pass to the right flat. A88 runs a sprint 10 yds down field, then cuts to a post pattern. A88 cut then A12's legal pass falls to the ground. There is no one in the area of the pass. INT GROUND?

2). Who make the call on this play (happened yesterday).

A12 takes the snap, rolls to his left. Stops and throws back to the right side of the field (across the grain of the play). The rush is on him. To me (the white hat) it appeared that he set to throw a pass back across the field. 3 B players (call them B56; B43; & B67) all are rushing him. As A12 throws the ball, B56 jumps inthe air for the ball. B56 (and the rest of them) do a great job of not hitting A12 (i am doing my job to protect him). All other players have gone tothe left side. The ball falls to the ground near the numbers. The defense is calling for Int Grnd. I have no idea if a player broke his route, fell down, or the Qb just dumped the ball.
Can the wings / BJ help me out with this play?
Should the throw a flag, thenwave it off later or come in and discuss it with me, then I will drop the flag for IG after discussion?

What is proper about this play???

I can see and cover most IG plays, but this one, moving away then protecting the QB, I could not see anything.......

Thanks!!!