View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 11, 2004, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:
Originally posted by FUBLUE
I worked a national recently and we worked 2-person all the way through the tournament. I saw many situations where two person mechanics fail to get the best coverage. I was wondering what you all have found to be faults of the two-person system and if you have suggestions to correct the coverage.

Here's one: R1 on 2B, line shot to F9 with possible throw to F3. BU is watching the play at first, PU is watching the hit ball. Who's watching R1 touch/miss 3B? (A coach in this area teaches his kids in this situation to miss the base by about 3 feet on this situation because he knows no one is looking at the runner).
It better be the PU, because that is his responsibility.
Should be, but not always going to look...especially if everything is happening quickly...

I'll admit it...I used to teach it...blues never watched for it...got away with it several times...never was caught.

Why? Hit and run, down right field line, PU has to look for fair/foul, BU has to watch for a play.

No one there to look for touch of third...a lot thought she missed it, but no one was ever sure she missed it!