View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 05, 2004, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
good points

good points and critical to determining the future. In football, I am the crew chief of a crew that only works the "little" games - Jr High AAA or below on Thursday nights. I could care less if I ever work a HS playoff game, or a AAAAA conference game on Friday night, much less NCAA or NFL. In baseball, different story. I will be satisfied when I am on D1 staff. Of course, by then I may be eye-balling a CWS.

Either way, we, as officials, must define our goals and position ourselves to accomplish that goal.

I am in the process of defining and developing an evaluation process in our umpires assocation to position umpires to maximize their potential be it at 8 year old kiddie league or NCAA D1. The delta in this what does the offical want?

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass