View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 03, 2004, 08:48pm
Official Forum Member

Question

This is something I had happen awhile back. I would like to see what others think I should have done. Here the situation, I'm PU for a Junior League tourney game, during the game, B1 requests time while in the box & a runner is on 2. Since the pitcher (for team A) wasn't into his motion yet, I grant it. 2 pitchs later, B1 calls time again, F1 in motion, time not granted, B1 steps out, F1 stops! I call a balk and award accordingly. Team A's manager comes out to discuss, I explain to him my call, he doesn't agree, goes back to DO. No other problems and team A ends up losing, and no protest.

Next morning I'm FU for the next game. Team A's manager is at the plate meeting and proceeds to ask the PU about the balk call I called in the previous game, says and I quote " the guy we had yesterday was a real A$$hole about this, how are you going to call it?" I don't even remember what my partner said because I was standing there with my mouth open. I don't know if he didn't realize it was me standing there or if was really that stupid. I just let it go.

Did I do the right thing or should I have tossed him right there at the plate meeting?

Did