View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 01, 2004, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cbfoulds
Quote:
Originally posted by teacherspit
I'm not looking to eject anyone.
But if I give a legal instruction and someone or team refuse to obey. I have no other recourse than ejection or forfeit.

If I saw a team trying to do a hidden ball after a dead ball I would tell the fielder to get the ball back to the pitcher. If he refuses I would inform the coach to inform his player to get the ball back to the pitcher. If he still refuses then there is no recourse other than ejection or forfeit. Unless you have another. Which I will entertain..
You are not serious?

Let's see:

U: Ball's dead, guys, get it into F1, OK?
Fielder: Nah, Blue, I'm gonna hold it here, so's I can do the HBT on this here runner and steal an out after you say play, even though the pitcher ain't got the ball. . .

Yeah, like that will ever happen and FORCE you to eject somebody.

Slowly, now:

IF you screw up and signal "Play" with F1 on the rubber minus the ball; and
IF some genius on the defense has set this up to try the HBT [because they are even dumber than you, and don't know about the ball not being legally in play until F1 has it on the rubber OR about the balk this causes if the ball had remained live]; and
IF the said grinning cretin produces the ball after you say "Play" and "tags" a runner;

"U: TIME, ball is still dead!
Runner, back to your base!
YOU [pointing to G.Cretin]- get the ball to Pitcher!
[Pointing to F1]- DON'T DO THAT.
OK? Play!"

WARNING [as in "If that happens again, somebody is ejected"]?: NEVER
EJECTION?: Oh, please! Get a grip.

Crap from anybody?: Not bloody likely.
What if I don't screw up. Tell the player to get the ball back to the pitcher and he refuses?

You make it out like that, refusal to obey instructions, never happens so there need not be a rule for getting the game back in progress.
I have a grip.

What if he said. "Blue you know that ump behind the plate?" I say "you mean cbfoulds?" "Yeah him, how in the hell do you ump with him?" I say , "Well I don't really, he has everything under control, I'm just out here to fullfill a slot".
You know a person can "what if" everything that is written here. And start a bunch of crap.
People have oppinions, just because you don't agree doesn't mean you have to bash them or try to make them out to be a fool.
Like I have posted before here.
Some of those here that choose to nickpick at everything posted here. And then have some Smarta$$ remark to say about it. Are probally the worst umps that ever stepped on a field.
They say one thing here, but probally ump an entirely different way.
I worked with inmates for approximately 15 yrs. I had to know human nature to make it. And one thing that I learned was that those that always publicly pointed out preceived fault of fallacy of others were not to be trusted. They usually where back stabing liars.

A man asked a simple question. Or described a situation. Several persons gave their oppinion. But as usual their opinions required a thrashing by words from the same small group of players here who try to control every aspect of this site.

Since I have been reading and posting here. I have learned that I have made mistakes in my interpretation of the rules.
I learned that a pitcher does not have to be off the rubber to make an appeal.
I cannot charge a coach a trip when he yells from the dugout for his pitcher to back off the rubber so he can converse with him.
I also have learned that no matter what I write that someone here will find a way to turn it around to fit their need to confront or make fun of me.

That's cool. Because I am a fool for even responding to those who choose to point out my umpiring deficiencies in a most unprofessional mater.