Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelinMan
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelinMan
... He eroneously thought that was part of the lane and was ADAMANT about being correct. I had done some JV games with this official and he was a pretty decent official so I was surprised by his lack of knowledge in this particular case. How do you handle this situation without selling your partner down the river? I can tell you we couldn't wait until halftime to correct.
At a dead ball:

• "Partner? If you stop making that call for the rest of the half, until we can review the book, I'll buy the first and second beverage."

mick
  • Mick, I DEFINITELY like your answer. If my partner(s) did that for me, what with all the mistakes I've made over the years, I'd be feelin no pain! LOL

Dan, problem was player at foul line (6'10" and former D2 player) is looking at me all perplexed wondering why he is being called for 3 seconds. We needed to make sure the same call wasn't amde again because they were running plays off the high post.
    My answer stands, even if the player at the foul line used to be Michael Jordan.