Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by ReadyToRef
Big Dog D1 Women's Official and Great Interpretator of the rules brought up this case play at camp:

A1 is caught in a trap in the front court right next to the backcourt line. He passes to A2 who is also in the frontcourt next to the backcourt line on the opposite side of A1. In order to get the ball to A2, A1 throws a bounce pass that hits in the backcourt and because of its spin bounces to A2 who grabs it. A2 grabs it without going into the backcourt.

What do you call, NCAA or NFHS, and what rule or definition are you using to back it up?
We've been over this one several times before. However, it's a good one to demonstrate the backcourt violation rule. I'll hold off on providing my answer while giving others that haven't seen it before a chance to think about it.

Expanding it to all possible combinations (some should be obvious to all, some may not be):

Player A1 Location Player A2 Location Ball Bounce Location Backcourt violation???
Frontcourt Frontcourt Frontcourt ?
Frontcourt Frontcourt Backcourt ?
Frontcourt Backcourt Frontcourt ?
Frontcourt Backcourt Backcourt ?
Backcourt Frontcourt Frontcourt ?
Backcourt Frontcourt Backcourt ?
Backcourt Backcourt Frontcourt ?
Backcourt Backcourt Backcourt ?

[Edited by Camron Rust on Jul 27th, 2004 at 01:46 PM]
You're leaving an awful lot to assumption.

What? It was a bounce pass (as the original case) from one player to another. That's about all that is needed as far as I can think of.
Sorry, I figured your chart was for the general case, not the play under discussion. I should have realized.

Anyway, nice table.