Thread: IAABO Handbook?
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 16, 2004, 07:47am
Official Forum Member

Smile

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ref18
[B]Hey ref20, love the name. i think my "ref(official number)" trend is catching on. It'll sweep the nation.

Welcome to the board.

Also, I think that the IAABO test is much better for determining our knowledge of officiating. I know the rules say that "the rubber seam separating the panels cannot exceed a quarter of an inch" But that has no bearing on our jobs, because we don't go out with rulers and tape measures to judge the size of every piece of equipment. The IAABO tests has questions that we can use as we officiate. For example on last years test was something like, "Following a made basket, A1 inbounds the ball, B1 then intentionally kicks the ball, and the resultant throw in will occur on the endline. The official allows A1 to run the endline, is the official correct?"

Now that's a question that has use on a basketball court.

Thanks. Hope I can learn as you have stated how much you have. Didn't realize others had used the ref with a # but I guess I am in good company. :-)

Whole heartedly agree here. We use the Federation test as an additional study tool but some of those questions really don't test what is needed in game situations. The example you gave certainly is a good one.