Thread: IAABO Handbook?
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 15, 2004, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member

Hey ref20, love the name. i think my "ref(official number)" trend is catching on. It'll sweep the nation.

Welcome to the board.

Also, I think that the IAABO test is much better for determining our knowledge of officiating. I know the rules say that "the rubber seam separating the panels cannot exceed a quarter of an inch" But that has no bearing on our jobs, because we don't go out with rulers and tape measures to judge the size of every piece of equipment. The IAABO tests has questions that we can use as we officiate. For example on last years test was something like, "Following a made basket, A1 inbounds the ball, B1 then intentionally kicks the ball, and the resultant throw in will occur on the endline. The official allows A1 to run the endline, is the official correct?"

Now that's a question that has use on a basketball court.

Just my 2 cents.

Wow! I just realized that my next post will bring me to 600. I can't believe you guys have put up with 600 of my posts . I love this place, through these 599 posts over the last year, my skills as an official and my rules knowledge have been greatly enhanced, thanks for all the time you guys have taken to answer my questions.

[Edited by ref18 on Jul 15th, 2004 at 10:49 PM]