View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 09, 2004, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

ballpunk
We went to YBOA Nationals last year, girls side. Games were physical, but clean. If you personally had a group that got their butts kocked on the floor all game, my bet is that they were ill-prepared. I can't help but believe you are a supporter of a team as opposed to a disinterested observer.

Every game of 7 we played was well-officiated. Every single game. We got our butts handed to us a few times, deserved it. We weren't prepared for what we faced (and that day in Disney didn't help our bracket results any, believe me!). We also handed it out - they weren't prepared for what they faced in that instance.

And while some bash AAU here, my outlook is a bit different since I come from that environment. There are some real jerks, but the girls side of the house features as well-played girls games as you will see. These are all-star teams that play together, run offense, play defense, run the court - it is a fun game. And most girls YBOA is SE US girls AAU. We saw the state champs and runners up from FL, GA, TN, etc. Really awesome talent on the court, really well coached. I do know that boys is different in how players are treated and how the games are played. But those kids can flat out play too, and it is better than summer league ball by a good distance.