View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 08, 2004, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
To Garth Benham and all interested parties:

I was wrong earlier today about the renewal notices. I sincerely apologize to Garth and to the members of this Forum.

There's more to come, but I'm off to Copy Zone to see about the printing of the manual for my Umpire Camp (14-18 July: plug).

When I return, I will, as they say on C-SPAN, "extend and embellish my remarks."
=======
Extended and embellished remarks follow:

Just 10 minutes before my apoogy, Garth started a new thread that reiterated how angry he was that I accused him of lying. Actually, I said they were lyng to him or he was lying to us.

I was wrong on both accounts. The reason for my error is long and internal -- and has been fixed.

I hope Garth and everyone can understand my dilemma: He has been so angry for so long, I assumed the worst. Knowing and working with him as long as I did, I should have assumed the best.

Whatever happens, Garth knows that I have the best interests of amateur officials at heart. I believe the same of him.

That goes also for Officiating.com. Whatever you may think of the "paid" site, our goal is to provide the best information available on the Internet for sports officials.

We're always open to new blood, as you know. Whenever we publish a controversial piece, we offer space to the other side -- for pay. That's not something you get in a Letter to the Editor column.

Once again: I hope everyone accepts my sincere apologies for my error. I assure you all it will not happen again.

[Edited by Carl Childress on Jul 8th, 2004 at 05:06 PM]