View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 07, 2001, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PeteBooth
Finally got shoveled out - 15 inches of snow and more on the way. You see we have a new set of rules in the east called SNOW RULES

I have a suggestion for the Staff Writers. The FED season is underway and will be HEATING-UP shortly. By underway, I mean most of us are attending meetings etc. Therefore, IMO it would be worthwhile at least until the end of the HS season to have 2 sections here at Eumpire - OBR and FED/NCAA.

Basically I am lazy and find myself going back and forth as to whether to post my question on eTeamz (They have a FED Board) or this one. I would like one all encompassing Board to begin with, but that's neither here nor there.
Whether to have multiple boards is not up to the Staff Writers -- it's up to the board administrators (i.e., Brad and Jimmie).

I'd suggest posting here, unless your post deals with LL. I say this because:

1) There are more people here.
2) I keep having trouble with eTeamz -- either I can't reply, or I need to logout / login which restes all my "read" indicators and preferences and it takes too long to load.

[/quote]Ok Finally to the point of my thread. Sitch 1 out r2/r3 B1 hits gapper to F9 who makes great catch. Both r2/r3 leave too soon - r3 scores r2 ends up at third - ball in infield runners not going anywhere - End of Playing Action.

What does the umpire do? I believe (do not have my books with me) Rule 9-1-1 states that the coach has the option of which out to take.

we have multiple runners guilty of leaving too soon. Therefore, whom do we call out? Do we call out the runner closest to home? or simply say we have runners who left soo soon - Coach which out do you want?

Thanks

Pete Booth
[/QUOTE]

Technically, the defense gets to choose the out. 9-1-1e and 9.1.1A

In practice, just enforce the out that gives the defense the advantage -- in this instance R3.

[Edited by bob jenkins on Mar 7th, 2001 at 10:52 AM]