Thread: Leg Guards
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 01, 2004, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
Where do you work...what level of ball...how often do you get one on the leg???

These are important consideration. I wear the Wilson Professional - it's the black one. The inside pads are held in place by velcro and can be washed. If you work a lot of ball in the hot weather or put your gear away dirty, this is a huge plus. The protection is unbeatable for any level of pitching you'll see (or bad catching!!!)

They cost a lot, but they will last for years and are worth every penny. Like a cup, no one sees these being used, but the first time a ball comes through clean, you'll be smiling. (Not rolling around wondering why you saved $40, $50 or $60 bucks.) Good luck and try the Davis stance...
I work adult leagues down to 9 year olds, with 90% of games on big fields (ie few 9-12 age games). I get hit in the shin guard about once every other game. The first set of cheap Rawlings I had lasted 10 years. I am on my second set now. I hit 'em with a spray from the garden hose every now and then.

The Wilson Professinal looks like an excellent guard. The Grey looks ok to me also.

I tried the Davis stance and I would rather get hit in my cheap shingaurds than in the arms.