View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 29, 2004, 06:44pm
Do not give a damn!!

Talking She is not in the NBA!!!

With all due respect, but Swoopes should be happy that she has a league in the United States at all. I have always liked her, but some of these women spend too much time trying to compare themselves with a league that both men and women across the country pay attention too. I will admit I am not the biggest NBA fan as I used to be. But I sure have no problem following the league on a regular basis. No one even knows that the WNBA exsists half the time.

I had an interesting conversation this past weekend with a Coaches wife. Her husband was a Boy's Varsity Coach. They have a son that plays on the Sophomore team. And they have two daughters that both played basketball, but are now in college. On her own, she said to me, "I do not see how you guys do it?" What she meant, is how can you guys officiate that crap? I was surprised, but that is what she said. It was really funny to me. In comparison to these comments from Swoopes, that is what she is up against. I would suggest that she should feel fortunate to be in a league that no one cares about and she makes more moeny that 95% of the league because of her endorsements and notoriety.

Peace