View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 24, 2004, 08:46pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach

{snip Hawk Coach Story}
Hawks Coach

I may as well share my own story which is not quite similar, but involves coaching boxes in a summer league.

2001 College Summer League - My college has an alumni team in the league and I'm player/coach (more of a coach since I only played once all "season").

The opposing team coach every time his team has the ball in the first half comes down to coach in my box. After a few times of this, I figure "why not?" and coach from his box the next two times we have the ball. The host school's coach, who I now do games for, was the referee and he finally told me I had to stay in my box. I invited him over closer and I told him that if we were going to enforce the technical points of the game at a summer league, he better tell the (opposing team name removed) coach that he better stop tap-dancing his way into my box.

I'm not sure what he told the other team's coach, but the coach gave me a very dirty look afterwards. I either shrugged at him or smiled . But at least we didn't have to share our coaching boxes any more

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball