View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 24, 2004, 06:30pm
Official Forum Member

Stat-man
If you lie your situation, try this one. Summer league, two years ago. We come out for third quarter, and the other team has 6 on the court. We are in man - imagine the match-up problem this presents

We try to get the ref's attention, no avail. Ball is given to inbounder, inbounded, and lay-up results. Still trying to get ref's attention (mind you this is a quiet summer league gym and I have a loud voice). I finally get his attention as the other team is getting their player off the court. I am jumping and waving my arms to signal the ref because neither of them have heard me.

Result: Basket stands because it occurred before refs figured out there were too many players. Team B gets T for too many players. Coach A (me!) gets direct T (only one in my entire coaching career!) for straddling the line while getting the ref's attention. Ts cancel out, no FTs. We already had ball, but the offsetting Ts result in going to the AP arrow, which we also had but now lose. So the end result is I am forced to sit for an entire half of basketball due to direct T, my team loses the arrow, keeps the ball, gets no FTs and bucket stands.

I was a reeeaaal happy camper that day. Can you say report to league?