Thread: CONSISTENCY
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 14, 2000, 06:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Hohn Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Hohn
Bald Eagle,
I echo these other replies, but I also add that experience breeds consistency, and consistency leads to better officiating and maturation as an official. The keys are to take everything in proper steps and make sure you are ready to move up before taking the plunge. I am only 27 and been refereeing for 5 seasons, but I have been fortunate enough to be chosen by my peers as one of the top 25 officials in my association. This was done, by a humble attitude, listening to more experienced officials, attending camps, and most importantly, applying the knowledge from these sources to the "hands on" training on the floor. All the camps and advice in the world will do you no good if it isn't put into practice. Also, don't rush yourself into moving up too fast. I have a friend that jumped up to juco too soon and he is stuck between the juco coaches scratching him, and the high school coaches not wanting him because they think HE considers himself "above" the high school game. So be smart and be patient. Good luck to all.