Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

There ain't anything like a dame!
I believe the correct quote is "There aint *nuthin* like a dame"...and I agree.
I think it depends upon the verse.
I think it depends on how long it's been since you've actually seen a dame...some say even camels start looking all right after a while.

Anyway, I still agree...

We've got sunlight on the sand. We've got moonlight on the sea. We've got mangos and bananas we can pick right off the trees. We've got volleyball and ping-pong and a lot of dandy games. What ain't we got? We ain't got dames! We get packages from home. We get movies. We get shows. We get speeches from our skipper and advice from Tokyo Rose. We get letters doused with perfume. We get dizzy from the smell. What ain't we got? You know (bad word) well. We've got nothing to put on a clean white suit for. What we need is what there ain't no subsitute for. There is nothing like a dame. Nothing in the world. There is nothing you can name that is anything like a dame. We feel restless. We feel blue. We feel hungry and in need. We feel every kind of feeling but the feeling never leaves. We feel hungry as the wolf felt when he met Red Riding Hood. What don't we feel? We don't feel good. Lots of things in life are beautiful but, brother, there is one particular thing that is in no way, shape, or form like any other. There is nothing like a dame. Nothing in the world. There is nothing you can name that is anything like a dame. There are drinks like a dame. And no books like a dame. And nothing looks like a dame. And nothing acts like a dame. Or attracts like a dame. There ain't a thing that's wrong with any man here that can't be cure by (don't know what they say). A girly female feminine dame.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett

If you're working girls games, it can't get any verse.
Oy vey. BTW

A man and his wife were planning a vacation. They ended up in an argument, though..."It's 'Hawaii', I'm telling you!" she said.

"I never KNEW someone so stubborn! 'Havaii' is how it's pronounced!" he replied.

And so it went all the way to the vacation...

As they got off the airplane, they passed a man. The husband abruptly stopped the wife and turned to the man to ask, "Now that we're on the island, you can settle an argument between my wife and me. Is this'Hawaii' or 'Havaii?'"

"This is Havaii," the man replied.

"Ha!" the husband gloated, turning to his wife. "See, didn't I tell you never to argue with me? I'm alllll-ways right!"

As they began to walk away, he turned back and gave the man a hearty "Thank you!"

"You're Velcome!!!"

[Edited by Dan_ref on Jun 20th, 2004 at 10:36 PM]