View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 18, 2004, 01:32pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Wake up!

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue

Jeff, I posted before you.

How could I possibly have known that you were going to say what you did? Look at the timeline. Who's kidding who?
Call me crazy, but I did not read your post until I saw the response of LBUD. I am sure that will not be the last time that will ever happen.

Quote:
BTW, go to professional school, graduate, work a couple of years of Minor League baseball and then you can question my technique. The way I handle coaches was taught at Brinkman-Froemming for years. Tossing a coach in the dugout is bush. Baiting him by approaching his dugout is worse.
This is what I am talking about. I am not going to pro school. I am not going to pro school. I am not going to pro school (did I say I am not going to pro school ) I do not want to go to pro school. Pro schools are usually held in January and February, in the middle of the most important season to me. I am not going to pro school, so I really could give a damn what they teach. There are a lot of successful umpires that never go to pro schools. If you ask me, most that go to pro school do not learn so much about umpiring that gives them such an advantage when they come home. Some of the umpires I have seen go to pro school, cannot umpire a LL game without problems coming their way. It is also called "pro school," for a reason. It is for those that want to learn the game from a pro perspective. It is the very reason that many other sports officials do not attend camps that the NFL or the NBA hold. There is a different philosophy and unless you are wanting to progress to that level, the "pro school" is probably not your bag. So enough with the freakin pro school. This was not a minor league game. If it was, I am sorry. But someone trying to look for advice about chirping is probably not at the pro or major college level. But that is just a guess.

Quote:
"Big Dog" comments are just an extension of your mentality.
Work the games I do and you'll see that those of us that work there don't pick battles we can't win. Getting your first big game is easy, getting annual schedules is the true accomplishment. If you consider that arrogant, too bad. The advice I give is backed by more than a few years of calling high school baseball.
Then qualify your statements. I have no problem with you sharing your experiences at the "higher levels," but we are not talking about that kind of game. The focus is totally different at the pro level. And even if you say that is the way it is done, I can see you have not watched very many pro games on TV (that would be Major League Baseball). They dump guys all the time on the bench. They look at the bench all the time. Just watch Baseball Tonight for a week, you will see a ejection of a coach sitting on the bench. I have never seen what you suggest as happening. Of course I am not there and do not hear the words, but it is a rookie move to eject someone sitting on the bench?

Quote:
BTW, "The Stare" doesn't work past high school. It just indicates that you heard him and won't react. That we did learn in the Minors.
No, really? For one the coaches at the college level do not pull the same crap either. And if they do, they realize what is going to happen. HS and lower tend to get away with a lot of stuff and keep trying to push the envelope. It is that way at all sports. So what the hell is your point? I am so happy that you have reached the Minors (which we all are not aspiring to do by the way)

Just keep posting. Your boy is not here to support you here.

Peace