View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 15, 2004, 08:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampaignBlue
From Chuck "We can call time out, let the assistant coach talk to the ejected coach as he walks to the car..then record the protest eventually. "
Chuck goes on to say after that: "After that the league see's that the protest was not worded correctly and the reason being "we the ump" didn't want to hear it from "Ejected Ed.'"

In other words, let the ejected coach stick around to make sure the protest is worded correctly. Wrong, once he is ejected he is no longer a participant, therefore unable to do anything other than to tell the assistant taking his place what to do, and hope that all goes right. No one is arguing that the protest should not be allowed. I think everyone here agrees that it should, but that it is up to the assistant-now-head-coach to lodge the protest and see it through, since by his actions the original head coach admitted that he no longer wanted to be part of the game.

Quote:
It was beginning to sound like the team had lost the right to protest because their coach was an idiot. I wanted to make it clear that no matter what went on beforehand if someone other than the ejected coach comes up to me and properly lodges a protest I'll let them.
That's what the rest of us are saying. Hence my statement that you are more in line with the rest of the posters in this thread. I agree wholeheartedly with this last part of your statement.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.