View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 15, 2004, 02:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

This is the very reason I asked.

Check the IHSA.org website. Contact the Head Clinician, Harry Bohn. He holds a camp every year and assigns college conference, mainly in the Chicago and Indiana area. This might a good camp to attend. At his camp is the CCIW Assignor (a D3 Conference) and he evaluates people at this camp as well. His name is Ken Mazarkia(sp?). You might contact him as well. Not sure where you live in Michigan, but Ken's schools are in Wisconsin and Indiana as well. This camp will be going on at the end of this month. It is probably too late to go this year, but if you contact Harry, I am sure he will send you information for next year. The camp is held in the suburbs of Chicago.

You could also the Moody Bible Camp as well in Chicago (University of Illinois Team Shootout). Ken Mazarika(sp?) also attends that camp as well. Good observation camp and some of the best clinicians in the State attend. Also many HS assignors are there. Wes Fritz also attends this camp and he assigns both Men's and Women's basketball that cover Wisconsin, Indiana and Illinois. Not sure exactly where his Men's conferences are all located, but I am sure he can directy you in the right direction if you attend the camp.

Check out this website I am listing below. This has most of the major camps in our area and some other information about Eric Harmon's Camps and the Big Ten Camp. It might be too late to register now, but at least you have the information.

LaMar Simpson is a very good person to talk to. He is a a D1 Officials that knows a lot about working basketball at the college level and always gives good information about working college ball in our area. His information is listed on this website. Contact him as well and tell him I sent you to him. He would know even more about your state and Indiana. I am just scratching the surface of what is out there.

More Camp Information

Peace