View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 11, 2004, 07:21am
Official Forum Member

Totally disagree. If the Ump has the rule wrong..and the coach cannot convince him of it, and a few choice words ensue. I'm fine with the Ejection. But then to compound one error by making another is bad. Does not seem correct to say that you couldn't convince me I was wrong a minute ago, and now that I have ejected you, you know longer have a right to convince the league of it either thru the appropriate appeals proceedure. We can call time out, let the assistant coach talk to the ejected coach as he walks to the car..then record the protest eventually. After that the league see's that the protest was not worded correctly and the reason being "we the ump" didn't want to hear it from "Ejected Ed". My opinions come from the fact that I have to deal with about 16 Recreation Councils, and their Executive boards/Softball boards in February. All sorts of issues are discussed & my group of Umps is an integral part of their program. I realize some of you just ump..and do not attend winter meetings with these people we provide a service to. Thus almost being strangers..like in school ball..I can see where some of you want to put up a wall between us & them. I realize this may sound like I am on their side, when actually I am just on the side of fairness.