View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 01, 2001, 12:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Porter Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Porter
Alright fellas, I screwed up. I copied and pasted the wrong version of the Nightmare play. The one I posted was an early version of the following play, and as a result, it contained many errors. Sorry about that.

So, instead, I ask that you try this one:

- Bottom of the third

- Bases loaded, no outs

- Pitcher balks but delivers

- Catcher interferes with batter's swing, but he smacks a towering deep fly to right.

- R1 and R3 were off on contact, but R2 remained at his base.

- R1 is obstructed by F3 as he runs to second.

- R1 reaches second, where he and R2 both occupy the base, when R2 pushes R1 back towards first.

- F9 catches the fly ball.

- R2 tags up and begins running toward third.

- R1 retouches and begins advancing to second.

- BR walks dejectedly toward his dugout.

- R3, who had crossed home and entered his dugout, re-emerges, retouches home plate, and retreats back toward third.

- F9's relay throw is wild to F4 but stays in play.

- R2 rounds third as his base coach is pleading with him to stop. The coach moves down the line with his hands raised over his head.

- R2 runs smack into his base coach, and both fall to the ground.

- F4 retrieves the ball, and seeing R2 fall down, fires to F5 to instead get the appeal on R3.

- The ball goes wild past F5 and settles in live ball territory by the third base dugout.

- R3, retreating back to third, runs past R2 and the base coach, who are lying on the ground.

- R3 retouches third, and makes his way home, where he misses home plate.

- R1 rounds third, passing by his coach and teammate still lying in a heap on the ground.

- F1 retrieves the errant throw from in front of the dugout, and fires to F2.

- F2 catches the ball and tries to tag R3, who is trying to get back to touch his missed plate.

- At that moment, R1 gets in the way and touches the plate, and F2 fails to tag anyone.

- Then, R3 finally touches his missed home plate.

- After that, F2 steps on the plate and appeals that R3 missed home plate.

How many runs score? What are the rulings, and calls?