View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 09, 2004, 09:28am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
The frist time the coach whistled to get his players attention I would put a stop to it right then and there. Why? Personal experience.

Four years ago, I am officiating a boys' H.S. varsity game in Michigan. We are in the second quarter of a close game. I am the T (table side) and A1 has the ball at the top of the key. Coach A whistle's very loudly (there was not that big of a crowd because it was a Christmas Holiday tournament with four small Christian schools playing). The whistle took me by suprise, but more importantly, the Team B players relaxed for a moment because they thought that my partner or I had sounded our whistle, and A1 blew past his defender for a lay-up. My partner looked at me with that "what the hell just happened" look and we stopped the game immediately. Thats when Coach A admitted that he always whistles to get his players attention, but my partner and I were not buying that excuse. We disallowed the layup and T'd up the coach for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Uhmmmm...just wondering what rule you used to justify those actions, and why you would not only take points off the board but also T the coach...