Old Sat Jun 05, 2004, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin green
So tell me who were the two teams?

I may know them or coaches...
Blue was Brighton and White was Bingham. I am told that Brighton is from Salt Lake and that Bingham is from South Jordan.
The only other UT team that I saw was Olympus. They have a 6-9 kid who will play D1. They lost to Bingham in the other semi-final by 4. The Bingham kids told me that they were happy to win because Olympus (from the Salt Lake area) had beaten them twice at previous tournaments.
All three of these teams would have been a threat to win the Nevada State Title last year as Las Vegas had a down year.
I hope to see some UT teams in Vegas in July.

NevREf..

Yes Bingham is from Souh Jordan (actually just under 4 miles from my house) They have always had a solid team. Brighton is the high school that was rivals with the one I attended and the past few years have been pretty strong. (Salt lake County)

Both Bingham and Brigton played in a Region that included the other high schools from the district. It is a good league. They are both 5A schools. Olympus is a 4A school and has had a good program as well.

However just to give you an idea None of the teams you mentioned won the state championship- In fact the finals did not include anyone from their regions...

When I see the coaches I will let them know!