Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee

Lemme try.

B45 actually had 6 fouls(4 original + one charged wrongly to B5 when B5 was fouled out + the one with 1:33 remaining).
It wasn't "charged" wrongly, it was recorded in the book wrongly. #45 should have fouled out rather than #5. That's also the explanation of the "definite knowledge." Boy, I don't get to correct you very often. Guess I'm not as obsequious and sycophantic as some folks think.
B5 actually committed 3 fouls to this point according to Nevada. B5's disqualifying 5th foul with 3:35 left should have been charged to B45. Obviously, the FOURTH foul charged to B5 in the book was wrongfully charged somewhere along the line. From Nevada's description, can you tell me what B player actually should have been charged with B5's fourth foul instead of B5?

Iow, the scorer made TWO mistakes that had to be corrected: (1) charging B5 with a 4th foul somewhere along the line that B5 did not commit (2) wrongfully charging B5 with a foul that was actually committed by B45 with 3:35 to go, and thus disqualifying B5 with 5 fouls. Were BOTH mistakes corrected? Or just one?

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Jun 3rd, 2004 at 10:46 AM] [/B][/QUOTE]

JR one of the 3 quick fouls #45 had in the 3rd quarter was recorded on #5.

At half #5 has 3, #45 has 1.

At the end of the third the book SHOULD read #5 THREE, #45 FOUR fouls, it does not, the book has #5 with FOUR and #45 with THREE fouls.

At 3:35 of the 4th quarter #5 fouls, and the book SHOULD have #5 with FOUR fouls and #45 with FOUR fouls, but they have #5 with FIVE and #45 with THREE.

When #45 fouls at the end of the quarter it should be his FIFTH foul, the only thing we don't know was which of the,"Three quick fouls on #45," was wrongly recorded on #5.